Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers
United States Department of Agriculture Homepage in Spanish
This website contains information in Spanish about the US Department of Agriculture.
Building Better Rural Places in English and Spanish
This online publication lists all the federal grant programs that make sustainable agriculture economically viable for small scale farmers. Text is also available in Spanish.
Farm Service Agency (USDA): Hispanic American Outreach Program
FSA helps Hispanic farmers and ranchers with such resources as loan opportunities, disaster recovery, and on-farm conservation measures. The website has links to other institutions helping Hispanic farmers and ranchers.
National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service- ATTRA
ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service is created and managed by the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) and is funded under a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Business-Cooperative Service. It provides information and other technical assistance to farmers, ranchers, Extension agents, educators, and others involved in sustainable agriculture in the United States.
El Servicio Nacional de Informacion de la Agricultura Sostenible- ATTRA en Espanol
This site is the Spanish language version of the National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service website.
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (SARE)
The Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program has helped advance farming systems that are profitable, environmentally sound and good for communities through a nationwide research and education grants program.
Other Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers:
- Federal Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Washington State Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Small Business Planning and Management Resources
- Educational Resources for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Working with Latino Populations
- Resources for Agricultural Land Conservation
- Political Action and News Updates about Immigrant Farmworker Policy Issues
- Organizations Working with Hispanic/Latino Immigrant Farmer
- ATTRA en español
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" (PDF)
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" - en español (PDF)
- National Immigrant Farming Initiative
- Heifer Project Northwest
- Bibliography of Bilingual Agricultural Dictionaries and Glossaries
- Talking Points for Immigrant Farming
- New Immigrant Agriculture Project
- Minnesota Food Association