Small Farms Team
Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers
Our innovative Latino Outreach Program makes learning a part of community life for Latino farmers and ranchers. We reach producers where they are—in the field, in the car, and at community gatherings. Thanks to a generous partnership grant from the USDA Risk Management Agency and the Outreach and Assistance to Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and
Ranchers Program of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, USDA grant #2009‐39300‐20194.
- Extension courses on business and farm management, followed by one-on-one counseling
- A regular one-hour broadcast on Spanish-language Radio Cadena (KDNA). Topics include business planning, keeping farm records, accessing operating capital, alternative marketing strategies, soil and pest management, and understanding regulations.
- "Farm walks" that promote hands-on learning and information exchange among producers and university specialists. Strategies covered include alternative pest management, soil and water management, and conservation.
- Forums with state lawmakers and state and federal agency officials to discuss drought mitigation strategies and resources.
- A Spanish-language hotline; assistance accessing federal programs; sessions on completing loan applications; and support for farmer-led organizations.
Recursos en Español
Other Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers:
- Federal Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Washington State Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Small Business Planning and Management Resources
- Educational Resources for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Working with Latino Populations
- Resources for Agricultural Land Conservation
- Political Action and News Updates about Immigrant Farmworker Policy Issues
- Organizations Working with Hispanic/Latino Immigrant Farmer
- ATTRA en español
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" (PDF)
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" - en español (PDF)
- National Immigrant Farming Initiative
- Heifer Project Northwest
- Bibliography of Bilingual Agricultural Dictionaries and Glossaries
- Talking Points for Immigrant Farming
- New Immigrant Agriculture Project
- Minnesota Food Association