Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers
Working with Latino Audiences
Alvarez Farm Case Study
The Alvarez Farm Case Study describes the success of Don Hilario Alvarez of Alvarez Farms in Mabton, Washington. The case study was put together by Rural Roots and a University of Idaho Research Team to highlight Alvarez’s successful direct marketing strategies.
University of Missouri Extension
The University of Missouri website has resources in both Spanish and English to help in outreach work with Hispanic immigrant farmworkers.
Keys to Effective Extension Programs with Latino Audiences
This is a guide to effectively working with Latino populations put out through The National Extension Diversity Center.
Washington State University Extension: College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences and Extension—Resources in Spanish
The website lists Spanish language publications regarding agriculture, health and food preparation.
Other Programs and Resources for Latino Farmers:
- Federal Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Washington State Assistance for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Small Business Planning and Management Resources
- Educational Resources for Hispanic Immigrant Farmers
- Working with Latino Populations
- Resources for Agricultural Land Conservation
- Political Action and News Updates about Immigrant Farmworker Policy Issues
- Organizations Working with Hispanic/Latino Immigrant Farmer
- ATTRA en español
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" (PDF)
- WSDA Regulation Handbook for Direct Farm Marketers - "Greenbook" - en español (PDF)
- National Immigrant Farming Initiative
- Heifer Project Northwest
- Bibliography of Bilingual Agricultural Dictionaries and Glossaries
- Talking Points for Immigrant Farming
- New Immigrant Agriculture Project
- Minnesota Food Association